Friday, January 25, 2008

 

Q - Equational Programming Language

Every letter that is worth it snuff has at least one programming language named after it.. Q has at least two.. The one that I am exploring currently is a functional language that is music based.. Included in the package is also faust.. Faust is also available on it's own on sourceforge. I had trouble trying to compile the version of faust that was stand alone but I was able to get rid of a large number of errors in bloodshed c just by putting everything in the same directory and then after that I was stuck so I was happy when I came across q having faust with it. For windows machines you will find that it can interface with pure data and csound as well and you have the examples to prove it.. As far as documentation goes it is probily best to surf around to see what you come up with on google..

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?